Young Professionals Volunteer Event: Putting The Garden To Rest
The Young Professional Group would like to invite you to come and volunteer your time and energy to help put the garden to rest! For our final YP event of the year, we’re going to serve our community by helping the Celebration Community Urban Garden get ready for winter.
Transportation and Parking:
Carpooling to this project is highly encouraged. The garden shares a parking lot with its neighboring church. There is also plenty of free street parking.
Volunteers will be helping harvest the garden, tending to general farm maintenance and helping prepare the beds for colder weather which can include digging, weeding, laying cover crop, and more.
What to wear:
Remember you will be working outdoors so please dress appropriate for the weather. We suggest you wear…
· Comfortable, closed toe shoes
· A hat
· Bring an extra layer to throw on ‘in-case’
*Due to being recipients of Federal funding we ask that you refrain from wearing clothing, buttons, or hats with political or religious messaging.
What to Bring:
· Your own water bottle (we will have a large water cooler to re-fill water bottles but will not have disposable water bottles)
· Signed Groundwork Denver Waiver for every participant.
· Work gloves if you have them
· A rain jacket in case of weather
· A smile and a positive attitude!